FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grown a beard - passport problem????
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:17 am
pred02

Originally Posted by Ex Amex Card
No, not unless it makes him look like one of the Mujahideen. Now, if YOU were to grow a beard then that may cause a problem.

Seriously though, I grew a beard and didn't get a blink from passport authorities in many different countries. If you are travelling within the EU on an EU passport then they probabably won't even look at the photo.
The German authorities at passport control are very well trained, so it should not be a problem.

Also, a while pack I had a chance to work on a passport modernization project in one of the up and coming eastern countries. In this country, at least, the numbers in the passport were not assigned randomly. Most of the numbers had some sort of code correspondence. For example, the 3 in the 5th number meant the color of the eyes was brown. Same goes for the hair.

These guys are good and are professionals.

As far as looking like a "mujahadeen" I think that in Europe there is a lot less of this then now in the US. Especially in Germany, where there is a sizable population of Turkish ex-pats, so of them orthodox, it should not be as much of a taboo.