FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience flying Malaysian Airlines?
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:38 am
mario33
Suspended

Originally Posted by tol
Any info regarding the chances of getting new vs old seats? Also is there a good arrival lounge in KUL as I may be waiting a few hours for a companion.
Based on the above posts, the chances of getting the old seat is at least 50%. The old F seat is not too bad actually though its not a flat bad (but almost flat when fully reclined and quite comfortable) ; the old C seat does not have a decent footrest, your feet will overhang the footrest unless you are under 5ft tall.

Lounge in KUL is quite good. Plenty of good food and drinks (they have also recently added a noodle bar). I have never showered there but the attendant seems to be handing out quite plush towels. I believe they also have a paid massage service.

I actually found the "technical stop" at TPE to be quite a pain. No lounge to use and you have to go through security again for LAX bound flights. I would rather be in transit for a few hours with a lounge to use. The 1 hr + stop appears to last forever with no proper place to rest, and if your flight arrives early at TPE the stopover can be as long as 2 hrs.