FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: IC Al Ain Resort, United Arab Emirates (now Danat Resort Al Ain)
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:28 pm
paul_nl

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
I stayed there last december for just 1 night. But will definitly go back there for a short break later this year. As a RA I checked in at 6 a.m. and was upgraded from the cheapest room to a fantastic suite with a full kitchen and an even better minibar. The service at this hotel is really excellent and I would really recommand the indian restaurant and the weekly see-food buffet. Didn't have time to try the italian restaurant but in other threads you will find recommandations for it.
The hotel is away from town so you will need to use taxis everytime. The cost are extremly low anyway so that shouldn't be a problem. There are some tourist attractions in the Al Ain area but I didn't have the time to try them.
The Al Ain Mall is just a short drive away, not as nice as for example the Mall of the Emirates, but still worth a visit.
If you are arriving at Dubai airport I would recommand booking hotel transport in advance. The charges are almost equal to the normal taxifares and the ride will be much more comfertable. Keep in mind that it's a 1 hour 20 min ride!

Sent me PM for pictures or e-mail adresses