FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: IC Al Ain Resort, United Arab Emirates (now Danat Resort Al Ain)
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:23 pm
djkulta

Programs: PC, Ambassador, Hyatt GP, SPGPlat, HH, LH Miles&More, Brussels Privilege, KLM FB, Finnair Plus
Unhappy Poor Amb treatment

I've stayed at the IC AA resort in UAE as an Amb. The hotel did not upgrade us at all, and gave a smoking room while we booked NS. While I demanded to see the manager about these issues, he claimed that the hotel was full and they can't do anything about the upgrade as there were no rooms available - and also the non smoking room was a no-no, but come odorize (spray) the room we were originally given.

Note: The hotel did NOT seem full at all and at least many of the villa suites in the garden area were definitely empty. I then went to pc.com and there were still availability for all kinds of rooms 4 that nite. :-/ I explained this to the manager later, but still he was unable to help (with a less-than-good english) and told that there are big tour groups at the hotel taking all the space!

While the hotel itself was quite nice, it was nowhere near as nice as the best ICs. Food was definitely good here, though. Amb welcome gift was fine fruits and 10 (!!) big bottles of sodas and mineral waters.