FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:54 pm
Bruiser

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
I have been a Hideaway Report and Collection subscriber for years, and one of the initial members of the Q Club. I would have to dispute one person's note that they don't cover the world - they cover just about everyplace. We have also found that the discounts for a couple of stays at major hotels at Q Club rates more than make up for the subscription costs, and we are usually treated very well because of the Q Club. I have also used them a lot for business, and have one of their overseas travel consultants who has taken a lot of time to make suggestions and arrangements when travelling in Europe.

Although they don't always find the little, out-of-the-way, less expensive places that exist and I am sure are good, as a general rule you cannot go wrong with their recommendations. We only had one hotel, in Salzburg, they recommended that we absolutely hated, so that is a pretty good record. (one note, they do go for the places Americans like, so that can be a turn-off sometimes if you don't want to run into a lot of Americans) They take their time recommending new places so don't go for the latest thing just because it has just opened.