FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA sets new policy limits on onboard waiting during delays
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:55 am
Deltahater

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by bernardd
The problem with returning to a gate after 2 hours is it automatically turns a 2 hour delay into 3+. As one who has sat through a bunch of 2-3 hour waits at DFW and ORD I know I can handle 3-4 hours, and I would hate to stretch that out by un-necessary returns to a gate. IMO if you get on a plane in DFW or ORD, or you're traveling to either, at certain times of the year you need to go mentally and physically prepared for a 3 hour wait because it's pretty common.
I disagree.. this is the United States of America. Telling me that I have to anticipate and accept 4 hour waits at DFW due to beancounter mentality and fear of unions and lawsuits if things get bumpy is unacceptable to me. Note that very few of these delays are REALLY caused by weather. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that only the US is blessed with rough weathers at time. It might be time to take a look at how other countries handle these situations. You don't think Finland has it rough in Feb? Or Taiwan during Monsoon season?

2hours is enough...