FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - These Samsonite spinner bags that Marriott is giving away....
Old Feb 8, 2007, 7:47 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs down Questionable design on 19" Rollon!

I think the Large case is a good value, but an not so sure about the Small case. The 19" has the Retractable handle run right through the bottom portion about 2 inches into the packing area. It takes up a lot of packing room and stickes out sufficiently to make packing anything flat impossible. The loose fabric liner conveniently hides this until you began packing. It is difficult to pack much between the two sides of the handle bars that run the length of the case. It would have been better sense to have mounted the long retractable pull handle on the back outside the the packing area.

Even the size in comparison to the larger case does not look like a great value. I consider it poor design, and would have passed on it, if I had known about the room the handle took up in the interior. Even with the 2" expandsion unzipped, it doesn't look like the room found in the old TravelPro Rollons, which has to be one of the easiest to pack.