FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sneaking Pets into the Hotel to avoid the fee?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 12:00 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by limelight
Sneaking animals in... something people seem to be oddly insistent upon doing. For various reasons.

Those who work in the luxury sector in London have more than a few anecdotes about fearsomely rich Middle Easterners who book up the five-star hotels during August, spend like mad, order up room service - then the poor room-service waiter brings in their order, and finds a goat being killed in the middle of the suite. Rather more extreme than a simple overnight with a pet, that. It's happened at the Four Seasons London, amongst other places. And here's the thing - no-one ever sees the goats going up to the rooms. You'd think something like that couldn't be got across a lobby without some kerfuffle. But somehow they manage it.

Anyway, yes. Thoroughly inadvisable to sneak a pet in. A very quick way to get on the blacklist, I'm afraid.
I am very disappointed in Snopes.com. Luxury hotel goat-sacrifices definitely deserve a page there, but I can't find it. It has all of the ingredients necessary for the perfect urban legend.

(I'm not calling outright BS on this one - lots of things on Snopes are well-documented as true.)