FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't figure out CDG
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2007, 4:54 pm
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by wco81
I would assume though with all that construction, eventually they will streamline things.
Well, CDG 2E's boarding area, La jetée, should be back on line in summer 2008. AF has had to cope with this disaster from ADP since 2005. The first improvement was the E7x gates area, built in less than six months, and then the remote gates E8x, made available six months later. Some DL flyers like to refer to this remote boarding area as the trailer park. Its name is actually Satellite H, better known in French as Aire Hotel.

There should be some improvements coming up :
- monorail between CDG 1, RER station 1, remote parking areas, CDG 3 and CDG2 at the TGV/RER 2 station opening on March 15th
- satellite S3, large boarding area connected to 2F (moving walkways) and 2E (small monorail), with gates for the A380, opening up in phases between April and November 2007
- Terminal 2G to accomodate regional aircrafts flying to Schengen destinations in summer 2008
- 2E being fully back on line in summer 2008 at full capacity, not 1/3 as when it opened
- satellite S4, parallel to satellite S3, scheduled for ... 2012, but which AF is trying to bully ADP into opening in 2010
- CDG 4, which will open in phases, starting in ... 2016

Well, I am among the ones who like CDG, in any case so much better than LHR, and I connect in both. Actually, I am currently fighting AZ, stranded in MXP for the night with AZ wanting me to go to a hotel one hour away, while I prefer to pay for the Crowne Plaza, 5mn away from the airport, to catch the first 7:15 flight tomorrow morning, actually this morning as it is 00:54 local time.

Last edited by JOUY31; Feb 5, 2007 at 1:18 pm