FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ever see poachers help themselves to a hotel's free breakfast buffet?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 5:45 pm
sy7

Originally Posted by ESPECIALROB

On a similar note, I once stayed at a Hyatt Regency with several of my co-workers, one of whom received a complimentary upgrade to the Regency Club Level. He invited everyone (including myself) to join him in the RC lounge in each morning, to take advantage of the free breakfast. I declined, but everyone else accepted, as I thought to do so was tacky, since I'm not on the RC level.

Anyone else witness similar situations? Ever see anyone get busted?
I just had a stay at a Hyatt which has a regency club that is accessed by a card key but no one asking for name and room number.

At breakfast, one guy (who had a regency club room) came in with ~4 other people who obviously did not have access. They proceeded to call maybe 6-8 other people who were staying at different hotels. Of course, these people needed to be met downstairs in the lobby because they couldn't access the club floor. This group took over the medium sized club and were quite loud.

Anyway, yes, I did think this was very tacky. There was an attendant in the club who must have known what was happening (the people were NOT discreet about it at all) but nothing was said. On the other hand, this particular club didn't have a very lavish breakfast spread either--probably because the club access isn't policed by a staff member.