FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Int'l Gold Line Not Taking Calls Today 2/1
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:26 pm
KevAZ

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
8 hour update

After eight hours, US still does not want to sell international tickets. (Too late..... my wife booked with UA).

At 15:20 MST after beginning her calls to the Gold Int'l line at 06:55, she gave up and got straight through to UA and booked her flight to LHR. Why couldn't she do it on the US web site? Do I really have to go through all of that?!?!? If she could've, she would've.

Weather in the SE should not shut down any major US carrier's Gold Int'l reservations for over 8 hours. They aren't accepting ANY calls. That's just very poor management. I managed a large int'l express carrier's contact center business in the USA and even when our main hub was shut down due to weather, we managed much better than this. A 5 min wait was the worst it got. And we had 4M ships/day. Oh, and I've booked through other carriers with total shut down of the East coast and the entire Midwest at the same time. It's called Call Center Management 101.

And flight 62, you are out of line. I'd love to change the finger on this to a different one than my thumb...^