FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan airline Transatlantic flts JFK and BOS to NOC Ireland west airport
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:06 am
allergictocoach

After having issues MCO-EWR-GLA with CO on the outbound of a miles ticket, I opted for the non-stop GLA-SFB flt. with Globespan leaving my return with CO hanging for use until last week. I just couldn't deal with the weather at EWR anymore that weekend so after seeing a long queue at CO in GLA, I inquired with Globespan. The lady said the flt. was on time to leave for SFB in about an hour. I said how much. She said 129 GBP. I said I'm in - sign me up - I'll try it.

Some friends I play soccer with here in Orlando had taken it as a cheap way to the World Cup in Germany connecting in GLA with a LCC. They don't travel much and there only comments they had were that it was a good flt...professional. With that in mind I thought there will probably be nobody on it - how bad could it be?

Expecting the worst, I am pleased to say that it was no worse than a flt. on any american carrier in economy. There was in fact more emphasis on safety procedures such as seat belts, exits etc...than other carriers I have been on.

It was an american made 767-300 which is my favorite airplane so I felt my chances of making it across were good. The service was what you pay for...like a dollar a coke, brought my own food....no problem. A quick 7 hr. 55min. and I was back in Orlando sans the trip to EWR hell.
Even though I collect DL and CO miles, I would do the flt. again given the right price and timing.