FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need passport information to buy a ticket???
Old Feb 1, 2007, 9:06 am
DeltaFlyingProf

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
So how do you get on for booking travel to places that require advance passenger info (eg US, Australia, NZ)? The airlines will chase up TA for that info.
My tickets are to the US. The airline enters the data when you check in, not before. I will pay full attention when I buy my next ticket that indeed I never give any passport info and that whomever I go through does not have it.

On the other hand, I just went through a fake booking on singaporeair.com, DPS-SFO return up to the point where it asks for the passport info. I do note that it says:
Personal Information - * indicates required field
And I do not see a * next to the passport info. I was able to click on the Enter payment details button without entering it and it got me to the payment page without trouble and I stopped there.

Should I conclude all you guys have been drinking too much as of late?

PS: I cannot say about the OP's case. Maybe UA asks for it for SQ tix, but maybe they do not need to. CGK would shed a light on that. But, stimpy, next time you do not need to enter passport info on the web And once again, BD did not have my passport info when they issued an award on SQ for me.

Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; Feb 1, 2007 at 9:12 am