FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DeltaCustomerInsight "Real Deal" -- Be Skeptical Of Others
Old Jan 29, 2007, 2:12 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Last time I checked, airline employees are not a discrete and insular minority subject to legal protection under the anti-discrimination laws.
As you well know too there's unlawful discrimination, there's unethical/immoral discrimination, and then there's discrimination. The three are not the same.

I would find airline employees having FT restrict their posting privileges on the basis of employment status and/or employer discriminatory, even as it wouldn't necessarily (or even generally) constitute unlawful discrimination.

Not entirely related, I, for my own personal reasons, would also tend to find as distasteful airline witchhunts for airline employees on FT. On the other hand, a kind note, like that made in the original post, to remind employees posting on FT to keep certain things in mind is more appropriate.

Employers trying to micromanage what employees do on off-hours is a largely futile endeavor. In such situations of micromanaging, things go "underground" but the messages still come out .... sometimes in worse ways than if the "laundry" was merely left hung out to dry as usual. This is all the more reason why airlines should have official contributors. For a model, I like something like FT's very own Starwood Lurker.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 29, 2007 at 2:18 pm