FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to MR. Someone spoon feed me just once?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 11:01 am
fishee

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by lovetotravel06
My apologies to you and the rest of the FT MR board.

I had no idea this was such a serious matter. I thought a vet could throw something out there in a matter of minutes just for fun (and to help a newb).

I'm a fairly competent individual. I'll manage on my own. I wasn't asking for continual advice, etc. Just threw something out there with no idea of the offense. My apologies for underestimating the seriousness of the MR biz. I really thought it was more of a laid back atmosphere at MR where members helped other members. I didn't realize it was a business comparable to doctor visits.

Again, sorry for my intrusion and waste of other members valuable time. I'll butt out now. YIKES!

By the way..Thanks to those that took the time and replied.
Every once in a while, all the stars converge and people are bored and/or motivated enough to help someone put together an MR. But if it doesn't happen, you really can't get all bent out of shape and disingenuously make other people sound petty for not helping you. No one's ever put an MR together from scratch for me and I don't expect them to, although of course, I'd love it if they did.

I try to keep a lookout for any MR threads from ORD and I'll ask a question on that existing thread if I'm having trouble reproducing the fare or route. People have been very generous with their expertise when approached this way.