FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recognition by a FA
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:18 pm
iggy726

Programs: USAir CP, United, Continental, Marriott Gold, Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt
Recognition by a FA

I flew from PHX to PHL today on a 321 in FC. During the boarding process, I was just thinking that I could not remember the last time a FA used my name when taking my food or beverage order and was wondering if there was a change in procedure.

Once we were in flight, the FA went to a passenger in Row 6 and knelt down and talked about whatever. Then she came to me. She again knelt down, greeted me by name and basically said that as she told the other passenger, she wanted to thank me for flying US Airways. She had some other kind words and said that she understands that I spend about as much time on planes as she does and she wanted to ensure that I get my first choice for the lunch selections. She thanked me profusely for my loyalty, etc., etc.

In addition, she made sure that she had something meaningful to say to every FC passenger on the flight.

I was so grateful that I had an A&B certificate for her.

Just curious if any other CP's or elites have had a similar experience or if Pamela is just one of a kind?

I also found it curious that there were only two CP's and I felt like I had to go through an Act of Congress to get an upgrade. An interesting subject for another thread, as I am on the same flight two weeks in a row with nearly identical availability and breezed through the upgrade process on one and went down to the wire on the other. One was booked through the CP desk and the other online.