FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules on Transporting Wine out of EZE to the USA
Old Jan 23, 2007, 8:18 pm
donnyb

Programs: AK, DL,UA
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
A question on your x-ray experience... I assume you mean when your carry-ons were x-rayed...? I ask this because your checked luggage gets x-rayed after the airline desk checks you in, or did you get some sort of secondary screening for your checked bags that involved an xray machine?

Ive heard the question of wine in checked bags by some of the security folks that grill you before you get to the check-in desk, but in my experience this step never includes an x-raying of the bags, if at all there is a hand inspection.

On this issue of wine in baggage, there are continuos report of folks being harrassed by these private security folks that dont work for the airlines, each with their own interpretation of what one is allowed to put in your suitcase. Dont let these guys bully you, you are allowed wine in your suitcase, just ask to speak with a supervisor of the airline.
Gaucho: It was the private security folks you describe above, I am sure that was it. I got the impression it was just to be aware of the glass containers before x-ray, but I apologise I did not ask. Since we did not have any wine with us, I just answered "no" and went to the TA.