FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules on Transporting Wine out of EZE to the USA
Old Jan 22, 2007, 4:08 pm
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MarkXS
When I checked in with DL at EZE in late November, with a case of Gaucho-supplied wine, the DL agent told me that if I had 6 bottles they all had to be 750 ml, not 1 liter, because DL's maximum amount of wine they allowed checked in the hold per package was 5 liters.

Don't know if they were making this up or not.

No problems at ATL customs, no charges. And TSA at international bag re-check insisted that they x-ray by hand with other fragile items so that it didn't go on the main x-ray processing belt where "things get knocked around some".
Mark, thanks for sharing your experiences. The 5 liter "rule" sounds to me like just another of these free interpretations... I mean, whats the difference between 5 and 6 liters of wine?

It would be great if airline employees could point to a part of the website where the rules are spelled out in print, so there is no room for funny interpretations.