FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience flying Malaysian Airlines?
Old Jan 22, 2007, 1:12 am
Swiss Tony
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by A-340 GOT
Any experience about MH C class SGN-KUL ?. Is there any MH lounge in SGN. ? Also is it possible to visit MH lounges in KUL upon arrival.? Transiting to domestic flight in Y....
I took a handful of those shorter Asian MH hops a couple of years back and they're so-so.

The food looks to me like what they serve in Economy but with the foil container sitting on a porcelin plate.*

Service onboard has been quite good mind you with drinks freely flowing. I recall that the plane had a fault leaving SGN. We parked on a remote stand, engineers came on board and curtain was drawn between C&Y. We got several rounds of a full bar service, whilst I think Y got a cup of OJ...

Lounge in SGN when I used it was the VN one - it's a lounge but that's about all I'll say on the matter and I think it was the only such facility at that time.

I believe you can use the Golden lounge on arrival at KLIA. See note at foot of this page - http://hq.malaysiaairlines.com/mh/en...en_lounges.asp. I'm no expert on this but I think you have to use the one at the satellite as they closed the international one in the main pier and your plane may well park at the main terminal. You just have to hop on the tram, but it adds to the time and you'll need to get back to the main part of the airport, clear customs & immigration etc then get to your departing gate all in good time.

Note there's no alcohol in the domestic Golden lounge at KLIA incase they try sending you over there and you want a drink!

* - having never flown MH in coach, I could however be horribly wrong on this count...

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Jan 22, 2007 at 3:40 am