FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubletree (was Hilton), Bath City {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:45 pm
CdnUKPlat

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, KLM Gold, ex-BMI Gold, ex-AC Elite (...sad isn't it)
Thumbs down Hilton in Bath, UK - just terrible.

Hands down the worst Hilton I've been to. Ever.

In the past three months I've spent 20 days in Hiltons in Johannesburg, New York, and Amsterdam... and the Hilton in Bath wasn't even close. I can't think of another Hilton across the world that I've stayed in that is this poor (I'm hard pressed to think of another Marriott or Starwood property that is this bad).

The furnishing is about 50 years old (not antiques... think more rotting and dirty), the rooms are very poorly maintained / barely cleaned, no executive floor, a rather sad gym, inconsistent service, and a rate that's too high compared to what you can get across the rest of Bath.

At least the breakfast and the restaurant service are decent... and it's on the river in Bath (nice tourist location).

The management claimed to be working to upgrade the rooms, but I've seen no evidence of this. They at least replaced parts of my shower last week when I complained...

Am in Bath weekly for two more months and I won't be staying there as the past three weeks have been so poor. Got upgraded each week - I am scared to think of what a standard room looks like.

(The really sad thing is it's a Cat 5...)

Last edited by CdnUKPlat; Jan 21, 2007 at 1:01 pm