FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wow, Rotten Cust Service Getting Worse?
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2007, 12:06 pm
KevAZ

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Thumbs down Wow, Rotten Cust Service Getting Worse?

My wife just finished a call into the NC call center to try to book award travel to SYD 330 days out. Huh, no surprise that there are plenty of award seats available through NZ, QF, UA but none provided to US through Star Alliance or the ending Qantas agreement. I knew that I am stuck with the 750,000+ DM miles and will never be able to use them to go to Oz, but it is grating.

She placed the call on speaker so I could hear the tone of the CSR's speech about why there are award seats available but none for US. This CSR was just down right nasty and it was obvious that she didn't like to work, and if forced to, really hated working for US.

I hardly ever call an airline, it seems that what I need to do is possible over the Net. The two or three times I've called US over the past year have been met with CSRs who clearly haven't been trained and communicated with about merger changes. However, I haven't crossed paths with a nasty CSR. Is this the latest change to US? I'd prefer an offshored, clueless but pleasant CSR to what my wife just had to put up with.