FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Vote 96% In Favour Of Strike Action
Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:32 am
IAMORGAN

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Well, I'm off tonight on my 6 BA flights in the next 12 or so days odyssey. Hoping for the best based on the idea that it will be seven days notice from the date of breakdown of talks and it looks like talks will continue on Friday (assuming I understood that right.)

Even if I get hit, hopefully I'll be in Egypt (or at least DXB) by then and if that's the case I'll just wait the strike out Or, fly home on IB and pick up my ticket in Europe some other time. Getting stuck in MRU, OTOH, would be very problematic, I would think.

Just to show the info that some are being given-- which may start to hurt BA even w/o the strike having started, got this (which we know to be impossible) from the major OneWorld GSA in CAI:
"The BA strike is expected 23 Jan as per BA here in CAI"

Again, I know it's not accurate, but it goes to show the kind of info that's out there that might be hurting sales already if others are being advised equally inaccurately by their local BA offices.
I know the feeling! I am in EZE next week (outbound on BA247 on 22nd and back on the BA246 on the 27th! Hopefully it will all be sorted out by then.