FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules on Transporting Wine out of EZE to the USA
Old Jan 18, 2007, 6:51 am
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jimmac
Gaucho100K,

Where do you get these special styrofoam packing boxes? Do you know some wine merchants in BA who have them? Are they much of an extra expense?

I am visiting BA in 10 days and then leaving for a 2 week stop in SCL before flying back to YYZ. I know exactly what I'll pay when I get home and I'm SE on AC so I have extra baggage allowance. How will customs at SCL react if I try to bring cases into Chile? And would you trust the luggage storage place at SCL with storing them if I brought them in?

I'd appreciate your advice on my many questions. I'd love to bring a few cases home.
Please PM me on the styrofoam case issue, Id be happy to assist you.

I doubt SCL customs will give you any issues, you are a non resident of Chile and are only there on your way home. You will be OK. Also, I would have no issues with leaving the cases at SCL left luggage facility, Im sure its perfectly safe to leave some things there and collect them on your way out.