FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 19th Freddies
Thread: 19th Freddies
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:58 pm
tbogart

Programs: CO Plat, UA 1P, SK *G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jacob_m
At ARN for example they sometimes have boarding by sections starting with the rear of the aircraft and leaving business class passengers and elites (who probably sit at the very front of economy) at the gate until last.
In North America or Asia that would have been completely unacceptable, on SAS that's standard procedure.
One time that happened I actually walked up to the counter and asked nicely if I could board since I was EBG sitting in Y flex, the gate agent seemed very annoyed by this and made a big deal about how he was making a one-time exception just for me (even though he didn't really want to).
So much for rewarding loyalty...
The single point that continues to amaze me - in a negative way I should say - when travelling SAS on European flights (in addition to 20NOK for a glass of water, 25% earning on lower fares, no recognition for top tier, lack of confirmed upgrades etc) is the boarding process.

On most airlines they would board by class (FC/BC + top tier FFs first), then by row.

On international flights outside Europe SAS seems to be boarding by class + status - why they can't do this on domestic/international flights is a mystery to me.