FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Vote 96% In Favour Of Strike Action
Old Jan 17, 2007, 4:36 pm
loobtastic

Yes, in any organisation there will always be people that take the piss. The cabin crew have been extremely badly managed for years. They (BA) should have had an excellent sickness policy in place, that takes into account the type of work that is expected of a cc member, that takes into account the amount of time away from home, that takes into account, how impossible it is to get a drs appt on your day off!

When I joined BA I was TOLD by them, never fly with a cold, a bad tummy, food poisoning, never come to work ill, there are lots of drugs that you can't work whilst still taking. If I took notice of all their advice, I would've been sacked ages ago!

BA have changed the goalposts so many times, it's sick!

To the doubters out there. I DID leave because I got so fed up of being treated like crap.

As a senior crew member, I did lots of unpaid hrs. Preparing for a flt and after flts. Whilst away I even visited our pax and crew in hospital. A "thanks " from my mgr? Errrr.... never. I did CPR on 2 pax. A thanks , or a "are you OK?" nope!

As far as the pensions issue goes. I signed my contract. I paid into my pension. If I turned around to my mortgage provider and said that I would like to leave 10 yrs early, with the same houses, do you think that they would let me?

I signed a legally binding contract. I adhered to it. Most crew do. BA are making a tidy profit. Ex chief execs (skippy comes to mind ) are sitting on £100k per yr, for life.... and much much more. For 5 or less yrs service. Even the directors that made HUGE errors are still recieving money from BA. Does the BA mgmt try and change their contract?

Gardening leave anyone.?... I wish!