FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 19th Freddies
Thread: 19th Freddies
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2007, 4:31 pm
jacob_m

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I don't think they will make it this year either.

I think the list of SK_RSJ is pretty accurate, but what annoys me the most is the lack of recognition pretty much everywhere.
At ARN for example they sometimes have boarding by sections starting with the rear of the aircraft and leaving business class passengers and elites (who probably sit at the very front of economy) at the gate until last.
In North America or Asia that would have been completely unacceptable, on SAS that's standard procedure.
One time that happened I actually walked up to the counter and asked nicely if I could board since I was EBG sitting in Y flex, the gate agent seemed very annoyed by this and made a big deal about how he was making a one-time exception just for me (even though he didn't really want to).
So much for rewarding loyalty...

Same thing onboard, I don't think I have ever noticed any kind of recognition.
Every time I'm onboard in economy and buy something I'm hoping they would show a little bit of appreciation and tell me the cup of coffee is on the house or at least offer some water for free if I buy a bottle of wine, or whatever, just something!!
It's not that I want more than I've paid for (well sure I do, but you get the point), it's more that they are so completely indifferent to my presence there.
The FAs couldn't care less if this is my first ever flight with SAS or my 500th flight, there is no distinction and they simply don't bother anyway.
Basically anything would make the experience nicer!!