FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Vote 96% In Favour Of Strike Action
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:35 am
westtexas

Location: Midland, by way of Odessa, by way of El Paso, by way of Abuja, by way of Mexico City, by way of...
Programs: Aadvantage Exec Plat, AmEx Platinum, Hilton Diamond, United Club, Admiral's Club
Rather than a political/moral/ethical/legal/whatever question about who is right and wrong, I have a question about the mechanics of where people and planes and outstations will be. I confess, this feeds in to my personal interest, but I am curious how it would be handled nonetheless.

So a plane is at an outstation in some unpleasant part of the world. The news goes out that a strike is planned for Day X. Does the plane at the outstation and the crew who have spent at least one night there:

1) Fly back to London, thus parking too many planes and people in London, but perhaps getting some passengers to their destinations and not leaving crew members stranded, or
2) Stay where it is, because there is a strike on and BA does not want even more people demanding service in London
3) Stay where it is, because the crew who was to work that flight never flew to that forgotten part of the world knowing there would be a strike on the day they were to be working?