FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Vote 96% In Favour Of Strike Action
Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:04 am
globesurfer

Originally Posted by terpfan101
thats what i thought. so guess it starts next monday. wonder if the CC have a fu** all attitude this week. lets hope not!
Being cabin crew for BA I know that the majority of us will keep a professional attitude at work. This whole issue has been simmering for months and I don't think that we have compromised our service as a result. I am in no doubt that on some occasions our service falls short from what is expected but in most cases we do our very best. Please bear with us during this difficult time, we are fighting for our rights, pay and conditions. We don't want to do on strike but if the management do not listen to us and simply impose a lesser pension, take a purser away from the upper deck (Club), and continue with a bully boy approach to our sickness then ultimately you, our loyal passengers will suffer. Please show your support for us if you wish to do so by writing a letter with your views to our CEO (Willie Walsh) and the board members, ultimately, you can change the management's views by threatening to take your business elsewhere, they would soon start listening then and perhaps the issues that we are fighting for will be resolved. The BASSA trade union is in talks today and tomorrow with BA to find a common ground. We all hope that a strike will be averted if not then we have no other choice. Thank you to all our passengers who have offered support not only during this time but also for recognition for our work on board the aircraft, it's certainly more than what we get from our managers.