FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Vote 96% In Favour Of Strike Action
Old Jan 17, 2007, 5:28 am
Smirnoff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrishow
We are booked on BA034 - LHR to CPT on Wednesday 31st and obviously nervous with the current BA/Union negotiations.

All of the hotel and safari bookings I have made in South Africa have very strict cancellation policies (100% of accommodation if cancelled within 7 days) and considering the costs involved, I’m want to ensure I am covered.

Worst case scenario and there is a strike which affects my travel, do you know how BA or Amex Platinum card insurance would deal with the situation?
I have the policy wording from AMEX Centurion, which I believe is the same as AMEX Platinum.

Under Cancelling, Postponing and Abandoning Your Trip:

This benefit applies to the costs for Your unused travel, accommodation, excursions and leisure activities that have been paid for or pre-booked and are non-refundable, or where You are charged a fee to change them.

You will be paid up to £12,500 if You cancel, postpone or abandon Your trip, due to:

etc etc etc

(g) A delay of more than 12 hours on the outward leg of Your trip as a result of industrial action, adverse weather, mechanical breakdown of public transport or a transportation accident which means You no longer want to go on Your trip.

Note "You" is the cardholder or additional cardholders on your account and kids only.

And note there is an exclusion if you knew of the circumstances before booking. So if you were to book now, you probably wouldn't be covered.