FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No bonus miles from Chase Visa: Mileage Plus
Old Jan 15, 2007, 6:25 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
let's get back to the reason why they give the miles to begin with.

to get you to get their card. It has a cost, and it generates money for them when you use it.

Why, then, do they have any issue with people who get more than one card? I mean, maybe what they should do is to make it so if you cancel in X time frame, you cannot get new miles on any newly ordered card, but not this!

Citi had a policy stating it would not give the 10k bonus to people who used to have any citi checking account ever ever before. That was going TOO far cuz people with accounts from the 1980s were unable to participate in that citi 10k checking acct offer and yet miles werent even around back then!

But at least they stated it in the outset. Chase is doing it maybe because people churn, but hey, even THOSE PEOPLE have paid fees, made credit movement, and have had to go thru the entire process just like anyone else! if chase is GIVING them the card, why do they also SHUN the practice that comes with it?

Does not make any sense.
Sorry to disagree with You but it costs them Plenty. Especially when they have people like me who will meet the min demands, either 1 charge if that what it takes and at times that can be for a Buck or 2 or $250 if that is what is required. Usually once I charge that amount I wont charge another Dime, as there are other cards that give me a better yield.

Now in regards to the UA card I never churned it

But I have gotten cards got the bonus miles/pts waited say 3-6 months and then cancelled it least they take back the miles. Thats all Chase should do unless of cause they are gone but they should simply debit the Acct for 25k and UA does the same. Now for someone who got the card cashed in the 25k for afree tkt and flew, then theres little chance of Chase seeing its miles back. If however the acct holder still has miles in their acct or flies with UA then it will be only awhile till they get the 25k back.

No different then you charged some items and then cancelled your card You still have to pay the Bank even though the card is cancelled. And just as if there were refunds that came onto the card after you closed it the Bank still owes that to you.

I got a Mypoints Visa that was worth 5000 pts that with the few pts I had in my acct let me cash out for a $75 Marriott Cheque. I will wait till the Cheque is in hand and then close the card out. My charge was all of $13, the redemption value was just under.09 per $, not worth keeping the card where $25000 would be worth $225, much better using Amex or any miles card. a losing deal for the issuing bank if you ask me. So too for Chase, unless a person keeps the card for the full year and uses it as their primary card Chase could very well lose on the deal.

I know I said it was a Numbers Game it is, but they must also see it on a single person basis, an dthen they will lose with those on this board or fat wallet types.