FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Delhi [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2007, 4:40 pm
SportsTech

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've been doing Delhi over the years and then some.
I've noticed that you're an experienced Indian traveler I've been studying the posts on the India travel forum to pick up tips from you and the other folks who know the territory. I have to say I'm more unsure about this visit than any trip in recent memory - not nervous, just expecting India to be very "foreign" relative to the Anglo-European countries I'm familiar with. I've been spending a lot of time in London including 'banglatown' and other parts of the East End, but I suspect this is poor preparation for the real thing. And I LOVE Northern Indian cuisine, so I really would like to find ways to sample it without GI distress. Is the restaurant in the Sheraton Maurya really the best Indian food restaurant in Delhi?

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Rooms-wise LeMeridien is pretty good post-renovation, but nothing spectacular still. Here I am only comparing it to Hyatt's Regency Club rooms, which while decent and contemporary enough (save the bathrooms and their accursed low shower heads) are still nothing great either. ...Hotels in Delhi are not a great value anymore.
I have status w/SPG, none with Hyatt, so would get a lot more SPG points out of a stay at LM than I'd get from the Hyatt Passport program. Location, for the first 4 days anyway, isn't an issue - I've left them open to "adjust to the time difference". And get a chance to see the city, of course. From a sightseeing and shopping standpoint, would the LM location serve me well? Appreciate the dialogue (and I'll move any future locale questions over to the India forum.)