FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning Frequent Flyer miles/points in Israel
Old Jan 15, 2007, 5:36 am
haniboo

Originally Posted by Dovster
Cheapest way to get a free LY ticket with a cc -- assuming you can get an American-issued Amex:

1. Get a Starwood Amex. This gives you 6000 Starwood points as a welcoming gift.

2. On your first "stay" at a Starwood property you will get another 1000 points. Then, with each "stay" after that in the first year, to a maximum of 10 more stays, you will get 500 points. Here comes the fun part: Any purchase you make at a Starwood counts as a "stay" (for Amex purposes only, not for getting elite status). So far, I have bought Cokes three different times at the Sheraton Tel Aviv. The first time I got 1000 points, the other two times I got 500 points each. Cost of a Coke there: $3.50. (Have them make the debit in US $ to avoid conversion charges.) Do this 11 times and you will have another 6000 points (total cost: $38.50). You now have 12,000 points.
HI dovster, do you know if a purchase at a starwoods property still counts as a stay and is still worth 500 points? i do not see this on their site, but was planning a sheraton coke run soon, and didn't want that coke for naught.