FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Delhi [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2007, 5:03 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SportsTech
The Sheraton Maurya seems to be pretty booked (and more expensive); my company travel office has reserved rooms in the Hyatt Regency for about the same $ as Le Meridien - currently about $350 a night (which seems like a lot, btw - why are hotels in India even more expensive than hotels in London?). Can any of you experienced travelers in India comment or compare the Meridien vs the Hyatt? I'm a complete novice to Delhi (or all of India, for that matter) - advice would be much appreciated.
I've been doing Delhi over the years and then some. Rates are high now because of a shortage of higher end hotels in and around Delhi. It's a limited hotel room supply situation that hasn't kept pace with the rapidly growing demand in the past couple of years.

LeMeridien is more centrally located (which might not be useful depending on where you'll need to be going once in Delhi) than the Hyatt there.

Personally, I like the Hyatt hotel better still; but part of that's because I have a longer relationship with the Hyatt and the pool and gym at the Hyatt is more to my taste than LeMeridien's.

Rooms-wise LeMeridien is pretty good post-renovation, but nothing spectacular still. Here I am only comparing it to Hyatt's Regency Club rooms, which while decent and contemporary enough (save the bathrooms and their accursed low shower heads) are still nothing great either.

Hotels in Delhi are not a great value anymore.