FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Your Crystal Ball: Predicting the Timing and Duration of a BA Strike
Old Jan 14, 2007, 1:57 pm
Bukhara

Originally Posted by westtexas
Can anyone confirm this? That would be outstanding. While I think a miles ticket should be treated the same as a cash ticket (I certainly paid for it, I just paid for it by taking earlier flights), I knew a lot of airlines viewed things differently. Anyway, that would be lovely if BA treated my ticket like a cash F ticket.
A miles ticket will, on the whole, be treated like any other ticket.

Commonly, in the first moments of the disruption, the commercial policy will be subject to the same booking class being available or ponying up the additional dough - this is frustrating but is probably to offer the best immediate assistance to those who have paid most for their tickets. The policy is then usually updated a few hours later to allow rebooking in the same cabin (rather than same booking class) and, sometimes, one cabin higher (this was offered during the December fog debacle).

I'm not sure how the ticket desk will feel about rerouting a miles ticket on to another airline but when it comes to rebooking alternative BA flights, no distinction is made.

During a time of crisis, it essentially becomes a matter of getting you the hell off our backlog.