FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore (SQ) new first and business class, plus a medley of 12 F & C SQ flights
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:21 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
PARIS to SINGAPORE in Business Class on SQ 77W

The lounge agent informs me the SQ desk is now open, so I head up to the departure level, and through security (after a short wait in the queues) to the desk. The gate area is packed despite being an hour until boarding, about 90 minutes until departure.

At the desk there is a small queue of transit passengers trying to get boarding passes. Of the several agents only 1 is attempting any visible work, and she is unsuccessful in printing boarding passes on any of the computers or printers. So she takes each person’s details and radios to the main check in to print them there. I weigh up whether or not to return to the lounge or wait for the boarding passes here and decide to wait. And we wait, and wait. From the limited radio exchanges I overhear it is apparent that the main check in is not wanting to print out our boarding passes

I figure I should hang around to make sure they are done and that I don’t lose my seat. So I wait some more. After an hour boarding commences and still no sign of any boarding passes for the transit passengers. Then the agent decides to ask her colleague who has been sitting idly to move seats and tries again on the different computer. Success – boarding passes spit out. Now why the other agents had to sit around doing nothing I don’t know, nor why she didn’t try that computer earlier. By the time she has printed them all out every other passenger is on board and we are holding up the flight. I notice she has removed my FFP # so that again it will credit to SQ. Not wanting to hold up the flight any further I resolve to try to deal with it in Singapore. Unfortunately SQ is one of the quickest airlines to process mileage and by the time we land I have already been credited for the flight. Argggh a headache to reverse out.