FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at New York (JFK): The Definitive Thread
Old Jan 14, 2007, 7:31 am
stargazer555

Question Connection time too short?

Hello all,
I booked an award flight on delta.com from State College, PA to Venice (SCE-CVG-JFK-VCE). They were out of Skysaver tickets so I had to pay 100,000. I noticed that on my return leg connection time in JFK is 75 minutes. I called Delta and they told me that JFK international-to-domestic connection time is 105 minutes. If I miss my JFK-CVG flight they can put me on the next flight but that would give me only 20 minutes to make a connection in CVG to a last flight to SCE for the day. So chances are, I may get stranded in JFK or CVG overnight. A Delta customer service representative tried to find another itinerary but couldn't find any other flights with Skymiles seats available. She also said that if I miss my JFK-CVG flight it will "most probably" be considered a Delta error (because they booked me with to short connection time in JFK) and that they will have to pay for accommodations if I get stranded overnight but that decision will be on "airport authorities". Has anyone ever been in a situation like that? What are your experiences? How can I convince "the airport authority" that Delta should pay for my accommodations if I get stranded.
BTW, this is not urgent, my flight back is in July.
Thank you in advance!