FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Park partly closed due to floods] "Visiting/traveling to Yellowstone Park" thread
Old Jan 13, 2007, 2:37 pm
AGS

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, AAdvantage Platinum
Yellowstone in June from Billings, MT?

We're planning a family (kids 8 and 12) vacation to Yellowstone National Park June 17-23. Originally we had planned on driving from Dayton, Ohio, both to save money and to stop at Mt Rushmore on the way out and some relatives in Denver on the way back. It will be two days' drive to Mt Rushmore and then another to Yellowstone, and three days' drive back through Denver as well.

I was looking at flights into some of the area airports, and found a great fare into Billings, MT, but wanted to make sure that I'm not making a mistake before I book.

Is flying into Billings in mid-June and driving the (roughly) three hours to Yellowstone a good idea? How likely are snowy roads at that time of year?

Any other advice on visiting Yellowstone at that time of year? I realize that it will likely be rainy at least a part of the trip and it may snow some. At this point, I could easily change the dates to later in the season, although I think the crowds could be worse.

Thanks,
AGS