FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore (SQ) new first and business class, plus a medley of 12 F & C SQ flights
Old Jan 13, 2007, 9:05 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
JAKARTA to SINGAPORE in Business Class on SQ A345

On arrival at Jakarta I skip the visa on arrival, which is unnecessary for a turnaround, and take the well practiced route up the escalator to the departures level. Sometimes the security station by the escalator is manned, but not today. Then a few steps to the lounge where I’m welcomed back

With our late arrival the lounge is full with passengers for 2 full flights to Singapore. So I decide to leave the lounge almost immediately and just wander around for a while, a good chance to stretch my legs and also look for souvenirs and compare duty free prices. I gradually make my way to the gate and join the queue for security. Once through my passport is checked and I head to the gate desk to pay the 100,000 rupiah departure tax (payable in cash in Indonesian, Singapore or other major currency albeit at a poor exchange rate if not paid in Indonesian currency and no change given).

By the time I’ve done this boarding is well underway and I make my way to my seat, again in the front cabin. This time the flight is full so no empty seat. The turnaround lost a bit more time and so we left late in the brilliant colours of the brief tropical sunset.

Still tired and wanting to be awake to enjoy the upcoming 77W flight in first class, I decided to sleep as much of the flight as possible. In fact I slept the whole flight only waking up on landing at night in Singapore.

I am grateful that for the second time today I had a reasonable length connection for the next flight. This is unusual (for me) in that normally I’d have short 45-60 minute connections, which today would have been troublesome due to the two late arriving flights.