FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - where to go in se asia by myself?
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2007, 9:19 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

where to go in se asia by myself?

hello all.

disclaimer: before getting down to business, i'd like to admit that i did not search first because my ft access is painfully slow right now. but, if any of you know of an appropriate thread that i should jump on, i'm all ears.

now, here's my deal. i need to be in sin at the end of the month and have around 5 days to spare on the front end. i'm going to be using a dl se asia award that i issued last march, but never flew.

i just reserved myself pek-sel<stop to see friends for one night>-dps<open>-sin-sel-pek.

the reason i chose dps is because i received an email from a friend about a month ago informing me that he was going to be there for the weekend of the 26th. however, i'm not sure that's the case any more because he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

therefore, it's likely that i'll be free to choose any destination in se asia. so, my question, is dps a good choice, or should i consider another ke destination (han, sgn, bki, bkk, rep, hkt -- i left out the ones that i've already eliminated)?

my criteria:

-good place for me to go alone (i.e. not looking for some honeymoon place)
-relaxation is important, but i'm not a complete vegetable
-i like beaches and SCUBA, yet i'm not completely adverse to the inland stuff
-i need to be able to get myself to sin without breaking bank
-speaking of bank, i'd prefer to keep my land budget under $500 (for 4-5 days)
-i go to thailand often, but have no problem going back if that's the best call
-visas are pretty easy to come by in beijing so they're pretty much a non-issue

thanks in advance for your comments.