FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PASMO Rollout Questions
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:50 am
jib71

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Great work guys! It's so nice to get the questions and the answers to ideas that were just beginning to germinate in my mind. ^ You're way ahead of me...

BTW - A few more related points / questions:

(1) Refunding SUICA deposit - make sure you use all credit first
I asked about deposit refunds when JR launched SUICA. I was informed that JR would refund the Y500 deposit, but there would be a fee for refunding any credit which was remaining on the card. (300 yen maybe?). I made a mental note to take the balance on my SUICA to zero before ever asking for that deposit back (relatively easy if you have one of the SUICA cards which can be used at certain convenience stores & drinks machines etc.)

(2) Passmo will allow you to register a card in your name - insurance against losing a card with mega bucks of credit on it
I have not worked out the details yet, but it looks like they're doing something like "Oyster" in London - If you register your name with the card and subsequently lose the card (or one of your overseas visitors inadvertantly takes it home with them), then the issuer can cancel that card and transfer the credit onto a new card for you. (Though, of course, you will lose your deposit).

(3) Have any of you guys upgraded to a mobile phone with the SUICA built in? Was it complicated

(4) Have any of you linked a credit card with your mobile phone SUICA? Was it complicated?
I would love to be able to link my Mileage Plus credit card to my SUICA so that it automatically recharges... and I earn miles for riding the train.
I've already started paying all the utility bills with my Mileage Plus card... and Mrs. jib71 can't understand why I leave the lights on all the time...