FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Delhi [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2007, 7:51 am
BenDC

Programs: UA 1M/1K, AA 1M/PLT, TG ROP Gold, BAEC Gold, SPG PLT, IC Ambassador, Taj Silver
I had a slightly different experience with a paid stay at the Meridien in Delhi over New Years. No recognition at all for my Platinum status, so no upgrades. The room was very small and there is literally no soundproofing. I could hear my neigbours opening up their plastic shopping bags. The service at the hotel was awful - incredibly unfriendly staff from check-in to the coffee shop. The only friendly staff that we encountered was a bell hop. On our last day we sat in the cake shop area in the central atrium and waited 45 minutes to get a couple of tea and this was after numerous discussions with the wait staff to figure out what was going on. I agree that there is a serious problem with the water system in the hotel alternating between scalding hot and cold and also with the water pressure. At one point there was no water at all while I was taking a shower. Not a relaxing way to start the day. We ended up leaving early and moved to the Shangri-La across the street. I would definitely suggest staying at the Sheraton rather than the Meridien if you need the SPG points. Everything about the Sheraton was vastly superior to the Meridien.