FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Conga] MainStreetShares (Formerly BigCrumbs)
Old Jan 10, 2007, 5:36 pm
alamedaguy

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
I stumbled onto this today, better than the 20% of the fees from bondrewards
Up to 5 generations down as a "Crumbearner" and is free and owned by Ebay. All the usual shopping partners and you have a choice of less % as a referrer or more % as a lone wolf.

It looks like a good rebate for regular ebayers.
Unless I'm mistaken this seems like a poor business model. The idea for the owners is presumably that they'll make us do the referal work and watch the money pour in. The idea for us is that we'll make a lot of referals and watch the money pour in. The problem, though, is that making money off of referals means decreasing what you make on your own purchases. At those lower rates, though, this site isn't as competitive with mileage malls, Ebates, etc. and there's no reason for me to buy through Bigcrumbs. Unless the people above me in the chain are going to send me part of their earnings.

If we all did as much of our shopping as possible through this site, we'd all do great. If you all did as much as possible through this site and I did mine elsewhere, I'd do even better.