FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules on Transporting Wine out of EZE to the USA
Old Jan 8, 2007, 3:19 pm
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Exclamation UAL Buenos Aires confirms wine is OK for checked bags

I just got off the phone after a good 15 minute conversation with the folks at UA Buenos Aires.

I first spoke to a very friendly agent who said that there are no restrictions regarding wine in checked baggage, whether placed in the passenger's luggage or checked in separately. I explained about previous experiences with different interpretations of the rules, and the friendly agent suggested that in such a case, the pax should request to speak to a UA staff member and if needed, to the station manager to clear things up.

The agent was really helpful and even reconfirmed all this with his supervisor, who eventually came on the phone and re-confirmed all this directly with me. The only possible "issue" that came up in the chat with the supervisor was that if a check-in agent thinks that the wine is not properly packed, the pax may be asked to sign a waiver (this will not happen if wine is presented in styrofoam wine shippers).