FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Living in / Moving to Las Vegas - Questions & Suggestions" thread
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:12 am
lvnvflyer

I think that for 800-1000 per month, you may be better off looking for a two bedroom apt/condo/maybe th that will accept dogs; there were a number in Henderson/Green Valley on www.reviewjournal.com. I think you could find a house for that price, but I would be a bit uncertain about the neighborhoods you might find at the price point. There are certainly neighborhoods in LV that are better avoided, and unfortunately, many of them are the more centrally located ones. Moreover. the utilities will be higher with a house, and you might end up having to pay the yardman, etc. In addition, an odd LV feature (at least to midwesterners) is that in some house rentals, and even purchases, you are expected to provide your own frig/washer-dryer. That could run up the price of a home rental, whereas most apartments/condos seem to provide these. Most of the apartment/condo developments you would probably see would be only two stories tall, so less of a problem with the pets, and most of them have ample space outside for walking the dogs. I saw on line a condo for rent in the Seven Hills area, which is in GV and reasonably proximate to the expressways, for about 950, two bedroom, two bath. It looked basic, but fine, and pretty new, about 2003. Seven Hills has a number of parks and walking paths that are nice for dogs. One other option you might consider is rent-to -own....there seem to be a fair number of those properties available.