FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Living in / Moving to Las Vegas - Questions & Suggestions" thread
Old Jan 8, 2007, 4:38 am
TravelScholar

Originally Posted by lvnvflyer
In today's LVRJ, there are at least five or six columns of homes to rent. I would certainly consider renting and I think given the state of the real estate market hear you should have some negotiating strength. Without knowing your price range, I see that there is a 1830 sq ft house for rent in Green Valley (Henderson) with a large yard, wtih dogs ok, for $1695 a month. If you are going to be a frequent flyer, I would recommend Green Valley over Summerlin, because of proximity to the airport. I have sent you a private email with some more specifics regarding the various areas. Good luck with your move!
Thanks for the info, both here and in your email. We would love to rent a house or be in some other kind of "non-apartment" situation, especially with our dogs, and especially with our larger dog. However, we'd also love to save some $$ until we get settled in so we can financially be in a better position to BUY a house...assuming we feel that Las Vegas could be a long-term home once we're there. And, on the flipside of saving money, we also don't want to live somwhere where we'd run into rampant crime, bug infestations, run down places, etc.

The question is, can we do this for $800-1000/mo for 1-2 bedrooms? If so, then where?