FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FS Bali resorts- short review
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2007, 4:15 pm
xracer

A different opinion

It's funny how two people can stay at the same places and have completely different views on them. When I was at the FS Jimbaran, I remember seeing the planes in the distance but never heard them and certainly didn't think the airport was close enough to be an eyesore. Maybe the villa one is in makes a difference.

Agree that no resort in Jimbaran could compare to Amankila. I liked FS Jimbaran quite a bit, but Amankila (both the resort and the area which it is in) was an order of magnitude superior.

And I was completely unimpressed with the FS Sayan and Ubud. The area itself is lovely, but in my opinion, the architecture of the resort, while visually intriguing, has no sense of place, the service was mediocre at best and the room (except for the outside space) was very average. I much preferred the FS Chiang Mai, as the architecture really seemed to fit in with the surroundings and the service was out of this world.

Ubud may have been the 'real' Bali at one point, but I found it to be as crowded (if not more so) with tourists as Jimbaran was.

Just my $.02

Last edited by xracer; Jan 5, 2007 at 7:04 pm