FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Monarch Beach - (left SPG June 1, 2016) [Master Thread]
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:55 pm
eamus

Originally Posted by 1AAFlyer
While a great property that I have stayed at many times, I m outraged that I was charged almost $40 a day for each visit to the health club. I am a Platinum Starwood member and spent over 5K there on my last visit. I checked with accounting and they confirmed the charge. Has anyone else had the same experience? I was told if I had booked a spa treatment, there would not have been a charge for using the exercise equipment.
This is a classic gotcha as to which the hotel is contractually in the right. Last time I was there I declined the PLT amenity and asked instead if they could omit charges for the health club. Worked fine. I was on a pretty fat rate, which helped, I think. I have found the staff there to be universally great and accommodating (pun intended) and perfectly willing to be reasonable. I would recommend a polite word to the duty manager or an email about what you hope will happen next time since you were surprised at the charge.