FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exchanging Marriott Points for Tesco CC and BA Miles
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:41 pm
knifeandfork

I'm dragging this further O/T, so I hope the board will indulge me. I have two questions about Nationwide debit and credit cards:

1. Hasn't their offering been substantially diluted in the last year or so? I have it my head that it used to be a very good thing for people spending a lot on cards overseas but now not so much.

2. I suspect I need to change my banking arrangements, not least because having taken out a Platinum Amex, the benefits of the LTSB platinum current account are essentially duplicated. The LTSB costs me £180pa and my only benefit is a shiny card. (Amex travel insurance is better and, bizarrely, for someone not owning a car my step-mother still pays for me to have an AA membership in my own name)How easy is it really to change banks? The LTSB has been very good at giving me a thumping great big overdraft facility that, though I rarely use, I really need on account of being self-employed. Anyone have any experience of sswitching and having things like overdraft limits automatically matched?