FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:29 pm
ackpfft

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I did ask the Concierge about local Internet cafes and there are a couple fairly close and they supposedly have much better rates. I haven't eaten at any of the hotel restaurants yet as they seem to be a bit pricey and I have the CL for breakfast. Though tomorrow I may ask about possibly getting a discount in the local restaurant for breakfast if we were to skip the CL for breakfast. I seem to remember a post from someone stating they got that at a hotel somewhere. Its worth a try at least.
For 1 Pound you should be able to buy an hour or so of Internet access at a local cafe. Some cafe's look a little sketchy from the outside but I never had a problem. I didn't find the Concierge service very helpful either.

I've mentioned this in another post, but regarding breakfast, when I stayed here during a 6 day Reward Stay in Oct (as a Plat) they gave me a certificate good for the whole stay that allowed my GF and I to get any breakfast we wanted at the Lounge or at Pearl.

They gave it to us at check-in as if it was a standard thing to do for a Reward Stay. We didn't ask for it - but we certainly appreciated it! I have no idea if we were the lucky exception or the rule.