FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exchanging Marriott Points for Tesco CC and BA Miles
Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:13 am
Pocket Aces

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
Absolutely no idea. I remember that there was a downloadable PDF on this offer on tesco.com which may have the answer in it. In theory it is a revenue booking so may count for credit.
Just checked the PDF and I cannot find the answer there. What I do note, however, is that you have to book using the Fully Flexible Bed and Breakfast Rate yet your booking is not in fact fully flexible! Further, if you add breakfast to the rate it is quite extortionate.

I've just checked the Hilton site using the promotional code. The first rate type is Tesco Clubcard and the cheapest room is £168.61. I assume this includes breakfast as it's the same as the fully flexible rate which includes breakfast. The cheapest fully flexible rate is £135. So breakfast looks very expensive.

Last time I stayed at Hilton Gatwick, I was upgraded to an Exec room by showing the Gold card. This gave lounge access which provides breakfast anyway. The cheapest room (without breakfast) is £105.30 per night. As I would probably get upgraded and get breakfast anyway, it doesn't look like a good use of Tesco deal vouchers.